Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tucson Star's article

Yesterday the Tucson Star ran a long article about me and my trip to Lambeth. The reporter actually got most of the quotes right! You can read it all, along with the readers comments at http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/247804.

This morning Laura and I took a walk through the outdoor Saturday morning market in St. Albans. There were a variety of great looking fresh foods, but we noticed the high prices for manufactured goods in the shops. Our host reports that England is beginning to feel the "credit crunch" that affects us in the US. However in St Alban's housing is hard to find and very expensive.

This afternoon about seven other visiting bishops will be here for Evensong, so I will be spending a lot of time today ironing my very wrinkled vestments.

No comments: